fiverr

Monday, April 15, 2013

Tool for Studying Bible and Poetry

The One Year Book of Psalms is a resource for anyone who wants to study the Psalms.  By dividing this collection of sacred poetry into daily readings and using the New Living Translation, William and Randy Peterson have made these ancient songs more accessible to the modern reader.

As one who grew up with the majestic language of the King James Bible, I was concerned that a really modern translation would make the Psalms less musical, but I was pleasantly surprised.  This is my first time to own anything in the New Living Translation; I can now understand its appeal to modern ears.

A daily devotional and additional features such as quotations from notable Christians and fascinating facts about particular Psalms make this a great addition to your daily Bible reading.

I got my copy of this devotional free with my accumulated points through the Tyndale Rewards program.

No comments:

Post a Comment