fiverr

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Reformation and Romance: Luther and Katharina

Jody Hedlund has written this historical novel with great respect for the history of the protestant reformation.  As an American by birth, I struggle to imagine the anguish of being persecuted or executed for leaving a church or religious order.  The sacrifices made by so many who confronted corruption in their church, translated the Bible into common languages, and dared to trust individuals to pray and read Scripture for themselves made possible the freedom Americans still enjoy today.

Readers who enjoy "romance" that is not sappy, happy, and silly will enjoy this mix of history, romance, and action/adventure. I'm confident this book will be enjoyed by my church library patrons.

I received an Advance Review Copy from the publisher for my honest review.

Get your own copy on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment